My cat peed in my subscription box and it's not a joke

Sunday, August 28, 2016

The title seems like a funny catch line just to reel you in but the truth is ... Its not a joke. See by the evidence below.. (Color hidden in black and white to mask it's beauty)


 
Not long after I completed my last blog post regarding the unboxing of the beautiful August kit, I sat it down on my office desk with the lid open just as it appears. I haven't been feeling well since recently diagnosed with migraines but I knew it would be safe on my office desk. My children know not to touch my office items that I'm working on. 

Fast forward five days later to today. I am getting over a current sinus infection but I felt like looking through the kit again so I can start making dividers for my Filofax. I picked up the beautiful charm and it was nasty with a terrible smell. Took me only five seconds to realize what it was....

My cat peed in my Planner Society box!!! 

My Cleo.. my furry friend.. the love of my life. My best cat I have ever owed had peed in my box. I do have a boy cat Tom but I think it was Cleo. The other night I saw her on my desk sniffing the box but thought nothing of it. She has never peed some where she shouldn't, I mean shes a cat. Cats are trained to go in the litter box from the earliest stages of life. Worse of all with me not feeling well it sat like that in the box for two or three days. (Insert the biggest sad face ever here) :( 

Three things happened to be saved and it was only because they weren't in the box. The brown burlap bag the cute charm came in. The pen and one of the paper clips. I had them in my purse already. 


I posted what happen in the main #plannersociety Facebook group and many lovely ladies had several suggestions of what I can try to do to save a few of the the items. I have everything in a sack sitting out (so no cat will touch it again) but I really think I'm going to trash it. Its not worth it trying to clean them. If you have ever smelled cat pee before then you know how hard it is to get out. 

I wanted to post this for all others out there. Watch all your good craft items not only from your children but your pet's as well. You never know when someone might come up and pee on them!  I have to laugh though dont you. Learned my lesson from this gal right here.

She's a rescue and I could never be mad at that face :) 


Until next time, 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs